Wednesday 13 March 2013

Christopher Maloney revealed that he is gay.

Christopher Malone who was in the recent UK X-factor competition has revealed he is gay.

The 35-year-old, who finished third in last year's series under Gary Barlow's mentorship, explained that he has chosen to come out now as it would have been "inappropriate" while he was on the show.

 In a recent metronews page 22 he declare that a certain man accused him of dating his wife and his response was he couldn't have when he's gay.

In another interview with with Now revealed he is gay, he claimed he has never denied it.


"It's just that with the show it was always an inappropriate time or people just asked inappropriate questions."

Maloney went on to say that it helped having Rylan Clark and Union J's Jaymi Hensley, who are both gay, on the recent X Factor tour.

"We get on well and are on the same page. Maybe that's because of our sexuality," he noted.

"Jaymi's had an amazing response from the public since publicly coming out and Rylan's never denied anything. It's just that within the show's environment you aren't listening to or responding to each other's needs. It's a competition."

In this interview with Now, he revealed he has a long term partner but been really tough since his new found fame

"We are still together. It isn't that I've changed but the people around me have changed," he said. "It's hard to deal with. It's weird. I can't really say to you what it is.

"We've been together for three years - my nan said to me, 'Go for it'. The tour and everything else is only to make a better life for us.

"I've tried to say that to my partner - I'm not just doing this for me. I was always unhappy when I was doing my call centre job, just sitting at my desk."

Watch Christopher Maloney's  X-Factor audition below 

Rylan Clark


No comments: