Thursday 13 December 2012

The stabbed singer thought she was going to die


The singer Tiwa Bankole, known as Tiwa Bank, who was recently stabbed by her landlord's son Tobi Obadina said she thought she was going to die.
She also confirmed that Tobi constantly harasses tenants and always get away with it.
'' When he was stabbing me, I started bleeding profusely and I thought I was going to die,” she said.
Bankole, who spoke with newspaper correspondents on her hospital bed at Iyana-Ipaja, Lagos on Thursday, said she did nothing to warrant the attack.

“Tobi said no one could arrest him and nothing would happen to him. Because his father is a retired police officer and his stepmother, a policewoman, he always gets away with his misdeeds,” she said.
Bankole, who goes by the pseudonym, T Banks, described her assailant, Tobi, as a hot-tempered boy, who had on many occasions assaulted tenants at their 20 Yusuf

She also said that, “Tobi insulted me, saying that he was going to get married soon while I am still a spinster at my age. He hit me in the back and an argument ensued. My younger brother however pulled me back into the house but Tobi continued to curse us. We cursed him also and this infuriated him.
“He poured a bucket of water into our room through the window and he later broke the louvres. He threatened to deal with us. In the evening, he barged into our room with a broken tumbler and said since we had refused to come out and face him, he would kill us.
''I was able to push Tobi to the ground as he attempted to stab her brother Olaniyi in the back. h succeeded in stabbing my brother in the hands but Olaniyi managed to escape while i was left alone with Tobi he stabbed me repeatedly in the neck, hands and other part of my body.

Source : punch 

No comments: